As someone who suffers from chronic tardiness (the first step is acceptance, right?), having an accurate watch is critical for me to get literally anywhere on time. I should have an extensive collection of watches, but the anal fashionista in me takes FOREVER to buy a watch because I’m super picky. It needs to be classic yet stylish and feature subtle but unique details that make it special. After years of searching for a beautiful boyfriend watch to no avail, I was ready to give up and stick with my one trusty leather watch from Anthropologie. Then a rep from JORD came along and offered me an opportunity to review one of their signature wood watches. And now my search is over and I’m hooked. Read on to learn why I’m crazy about my JORD Zebrawood Frankie watch.
- It’s stylish. The most obvious reason to love this watch is its sleek wooden design that renders it striking but not gaudy. Simply put: this is a good-looking watch that’s sure to jump start a few convos with admiring strangers.
- It’s versatile. With the neutral colors and simple shape, I can wear this watch with any of my business and weekend causal outfits. I can even share it with my brother because it has a perfect unisex design.
- It’s constructed from high-quality, sustainable materials. No fakery here. This watch is all natural AND all of the materials are sustainably sourced (most of wood comes from furniture remnants!). The main feature of this watch is the luxurious Zaebrawood that hails from West Africa.
- It’s hand-crafted. Or as I like to say, “it’s handmade with love.”
- It has a minimalistic design. The designers wisely let the natural wood grain, streamlined shape, and uncomplicated but chic face be the focal points of this watch. The result is simple sophistication that’s just my style.
- It’s powered by Swiss movement. I won’t profess to be a watch connoisseur as I’ve owned a total of 4 watches in my lifetime, but I know Swiss movement (which refers to the “engine” of that powers all functions of the watch) is a coveted distinction because the Swiss set the standards for timepiece quality. This particular watch comes with an ultra-compact battery operated by quartz movement developed by Swiss manufacturer Ronda that is very accurate. Sehr toll!
- It comes in beautiful packaging. I knew I was in for a treat before I even tried on my watch because it arrived in an intricate handmade box. Upon opening it, I found my gorgeous watch seated on an adorable herringbone pillow. It’s like I unboxed royalty.
- It ships for free in the U.S. Clearly the JORD team wants to make it as easy as possible to get one of their watches. They’ve even taken away the “shipping is too expensive” excuse.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty. They’ll even give you $20 towards shipping if you need to send a watch back to their facility.
- The Easy Maintenance. To keep my watch looking gorgeous, I simply have to apply lemon or orange oil with a soft cotton cloth in brisk strokes.
Since this is a review, I have to keep it real with you guys. There is one thing I don’t love about my JORD watch: The price. I was gifted the watch for a review, but I intend to purchase another watch for my bro’s upcoming birthday. At $179 a pop, I better start saving up now.
Curious to learn more? You can check out the beautiful JORD watch designs HERE. And if you’ve been eyeing one of a JORD beauty but are concerned about the price, today is your lucky day, my friend! The good folks at JORD are giving 100 (!!!) of my readers $20 e-gift cards that you can immediately apply to ANY watch purchase. I can’t lie. I’m going to use one of those gift cards to get my brother’s watch. I suggest you do the same if you’re planning to gift one of JORD’s beautiful watches to a special someone or even yourself!
Your $20 gift card awaits HERE (but don’t delay, quantities are limited).