Modest Shop Spotlight: All Penny Lane + A Classic Floral Midi
Today I’m excited to share a beautiful midi dress from All Penny Lane, a new online modest fashion boutique that’s as pretty as it is affordable. As a petite woman lacking toned arms, I normally stay far, FAR away from dresses that are both sleeveless and midi length. However, I had to make an exception for this floral beauty because its design is feminine perfection! Read on to learn what I love (and don’t love) about this midi dress.
ABOUT THE SHOP
All Penny Lane was started by Gladys, a stay-at-home mom on a mission to provide other women with affordable and modest clothing she so desperately sought prior to starting her shop. She knows the struggle of finding the perfect modest dress that’s over $100 or finding a cute dress that isn’t quite long enough, and she aims to solve those problems through Penny Lane.
WHAT I LOVE
- The silhouette — This dress proves you can’t lose with a classic fit and flare silhouette.
- The design – The simple but bold floral print on the dress is perfect for the feminine silhouette.
- The price tag – While this dress is not Forever21-aforadble, it’s still affordable e and worth the $50 price tag given the versatility of this dress.
- The length – A midi dress I don’t have tailor for a perfect fit?! Sign me up posthaste!
- Everyone loves it – As I was shooting this dress in Venice, CA, I received compliments from men and women of different ages, which goes to prove anyone can appreciate a classic dress with modern updates (like large, graphic florals).
WHAT I DON’T LOVE
- The shininess – I suspect this dress is made of polyester (I can’t confirm because there is no care label on the inside of the dress) and it’s shinier than I expected. The shine doesn’t detract from the beauty of the dress; it just doesn’t feel seasonally appropriate for a spring and summer dress.
- The website design — Unfortunately the All Penny Lane website isn’t user-friendly (it’s difficult to navigate) or informative. I would love to see more detailed products descriptions and measurements, and if there was one listing for each style that showed what sizes are available for that style. A few simple tweaks would greatly improve the customer experience on Penny Lane.
HOW TO WEAR IT
I’m a big fan of contrast and unexpected elements in an outfit. Since this dress is so feminine and dainty, I recommend wearing accessories and shoes that have a bit of edge or quirk as a contrast. I chose to wear lace-up sandals with a stacked heel from JustFab (that cost $30!), but you can opt to wear a straw boater hat or minimalistic espadrille flatforms. You can even layer a button-down underneath for an office-appropriate outfit!
I would be one of those complimenters!! I think this dress is beautiful and ageless!!
I am very surprised there was no care label though—how do you know how to wash it?
And I love the dichotomy of the black shoes—I think that’s one of the details that makes this outfit sing!!
Elizabeth> Jodie filogomo
Why thank you, Jodie! Your feedback means a great deal to me, so I’m always delighted when I see you approve of my outfit! 🙂 Re: the care label – My thoughts exactly. :-/
Looking MARVELOUS Liz! What a perfect Summer dress. You are wearing it well my friend! I hope all is well. Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend and God bless you and yours!
Oh, you are so sweet, Horace! It always warms my heart to hear from you. Hope all is well with you and the fam. God bless, brother!
That dress is GORGEOUS but I agree with you, I don’t care for the shine and shimmer of it. I’d buy it in a second of it wasn’t for that.
Elizabeth> Ashley LaMar
Thanks for your honest feedback and love, Ashley! If only they had a matte floral midi dress!
You look great, Liz!! This dress looks perfect on you!
Elizabeth> Elizabeth Williams
You are too sweet! Thank you, dear!
Wow what a dress it is! Keep posting such a collection you can also checkout Burberry india for amazing collection visit at http://www.palladiummumbai.com/brands/burberry
THank you, NEha!
Wow! That dress is so stunning! I love the shape and colors 🙂
You are so sweet..looking great..love the colors and shape…lovely outfit.. 🙂
Beautiful as always Liz!