8 Places To Buy (and Sell!) Modest Wedding Dresses Under $300
You probably think it’s a little strange for a single women to write a post about finding wedding dresses, but hear me out. This post was inspired by my dear, engaged blogging friend, Holly at Holly Loo Ya, who was seeking places to find affordable wedding dresses. I figured she can’t be the only soon-to-be newlywed struggling to find modest dresses that don’t cost a fortune (because, really, who has money to spend thousands on a dress you’ll (hopefully) wear once?) So I came up with this quick list of 8 websites where you can find classy, modest wedding dresses for under $300. Seriously. For the married among us, there’s good news for you too! Many of the sites listed below. I hope you kept your dress in good condition…
- Tradesy – Buy and sell pre-loved wedding dresses (my picks HERE and HERE)
- Latter Day Bride – Buy new dresses (several affordable options in the sale section)
- Shirley’s Dresses – Buy new dresses (most under $300)
- David’s Bridal – Pretty much the go-to spot for buying new, cheap wedding dresses
- Oncewed – Buy and sell pre-loved wedding dresses (my picks HERE and HERE)
- Nearly Newlywed – Buy and sell new or pre-loved wedding dresses
- Pre-Owned Wedding Dresses – Buy and sell pre-love (my picks HERE and HERE)
- Target – No joke. Target launched a wedding and bridesmaid dress collection in 2013, and it’s actually very impressive for a budget line! Depending on how casual the theme is for your wedding, you can even turn one of the many cute bridesmaid dresses into a wedding dress. Bonus: Target sells THIS really cute bolero, which can be worn with that cute strapless dress you wish was more modest).
Do you have another go-to site for affordable modest wedding dresses? If so, please share!
You’re Also Going To Love:
If you loved this post, you’ll also love these posts FULL of good wardrobe building tips.
I’m so glad there are more modest options out there than there used to be! I actually shouldn’t know anything about this, but I may just have a Pinterest board for wedding dresses lol I also look around at Totally Modest and Allure Bridals at their modest collection. I would have try one on first, but if I tried one on and knew I loved it, I would definitely look into finding the same one used somewhere 🙂
Haha, I’m not judging, my friend! I mean, I just wrote a post about modest wedding dresses after doing intense research. Allure Bridal has some GORGEOUS dresses, but they are so expensive. Should God bless me with a husband in the future, I’m not sure I’ll drop that kind of money on a dress for our wedding. They are so pretty to look at, though!
LOL at “hopefully.” Ok, it’s not funny…it just read funny? Well either way, it’s true. Awww I’m so honored that my question inspired this post, because I like REALLY need this post. I’m a poor excuse for someone allegedly planning a wedding. Thanks for blessing us with all you wisdom.
Elizabeth> Holly Loube
I mean, I’d be impressed if you had it all together planning a wedding + going to school + the million other responsibilities you have each day. Haha. I’m so glad this post was helpful for you Holly. Thanks for inspiring me!
This is a great list! Although I’m already married I love having lists like this to pass on to my clients!
Thanks, Jessica! What kind of company do you own?!
My cousin definitely found her sister-in-law’s wedding dress at Goodwill for $10. Like the actual one she wore in the ceremony. No lie. Haha!
Great list! Someone I know is about to need this information… I just can’t say who for fear of her finding this!
Elizabeth> Courtney Kincaid
That find deserves some kind of award! Your cousin has serious skills.
Thank you for the love, Courtney! I hope your mystery friend finds this post helpful. 🙂
army uniforms look
I am truly delighted to read this webpage posts which consists of plenty of useful facts, thanks for providing these
I don’t find it weird that you are writing or advising on wedding dresses, but I guess something is coming up very soon 🙂 Thanks for sharing the list of the modest options. I had tried Shirley sometimes back and we got my cousin a nice dress there. Will also check out the others you’ve listed.
I had no clue that Target had a bridal line! It’s great that there are so many affordable options for budget weddings – going all-out for the reception just isn’t as popular now! Thanks for this list!